Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_3_] Dave in Houston[_3_] is offline

Default Here is some wood I like. - attached files (3/3)

"asmurff" wrote in message
Is it true that RR keeps a warehouse with the extra wood from each car
just incase they are ever involved in an accident, that way the wood would
match?

Not being able to see your image . . . I have to guess this refers to
passenger cars, not freight cars.

Having spent a fair number of years with the Southern Pacific, a couple of
those with the Purchasing Department at the railcar plant, I can tell you
that the only thing we kept there were bundles of 12 foot 3/4 CDX plywood
and apitong decking. And down at the other end of the yard was the creosote
plant (for rail ties), no shortage of wood down there.

Dave in Houston