Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default 2 or 4 Cycle Small Engines... to drain or not to drain??

On Mar 20, 12:05*pm, wrote:
I am very adamant about draining my snowblower and lawnmower engines
during the offseasons. *My friend here at work is against it. He
insists the moisture and condensation build up and can ruin the
insides and the carburetor.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

I got a new 10 HP snow blower in Jan. Instructions say to drain it
and run it till it quits. Good enough for me but it is still on my
"to-do" list.

I also normally drain all my small engines but particularly any with a
2-cycle engine. The few times I didn't do it, I had problems the next
time I tried to use them.

Once I had to replace the gas tank as it had basically rotted out.
That was the first year I tried Stabil. Dunno if it was the stabil or
just old age.

Harry K