Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
edangell edangell is offline

Default ISO Large Stewart Platform Positioner?

Check out the amusement park ride manufacturers, I saw this exact thing at
one of their trade shows a few years back. Sorry I can't give you a more
exact manufacturer.

Ed Angell
"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
Bit of a long shot here.. anyone know of such a thing (as title) for
sale or otherwise available within a few months -- able to digitally
position up to maybe 10,000-40,000 lbs in all six degrees of freedom?

Accuracy requirements are not very stringent, mm not microns.

They look like this:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/help...ch_drawing.gif

or this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gough-platform.jpg

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com