Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Gunner and my 16X40 Victor lathe

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:18:06 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
Why don't you guys go read instead of feeding the trolls here, hmm?
The former is constructive, the latter destructive.

Because this one, like some other recent ones, apparently assumes what I
said above.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Do you honestly care what a troll does or doesn't assume, Ed?

Only if they go away. If you noticed, Tim May recently was getting on a roll
with his racial epithets, sharing them with his racist buddies. But they
didn't last. They were doing a different kind of trolling and they weren't
up to arguing with full-frontal loads of grape shot.

I don't think Jeb is trolling. He was just using this opportunity to take
some gratuitous cuts at Gunner. And he was rolling along for a couple of
messages. When he suggested that Tom wasn't speaking for the group and
implied that his (Jeb's) opinion was shared by most others, it was time to
make clear that it wasn't true. Otherwise, silence become acquiescence.

--
Ed Huntress