Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Moore Ron Moore is offline

Default OT - Foam over existing duct insulation...?

That's my thought on it. We just did a warehouse to office/residence
conversion and made extensive use of foil-backed materials. We're very
pleased with the efficiency we've achieved. That 10,000' is costing less
per month to heat then an older 1500' office that has not been "cocooned"
in this manner.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"

The "shiny" quilted stuff, probably mylar with a mirror finish, should
serve
as a radiant barrier and add to the efficiency.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Hi Ron,

I want to be certain that I am interpreting your comment
correctly...

Am I correct to assume that you are suggesting that its
reflective properties would be of benefit, and therefore
should be left in place under the foam?

Sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth