Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default 2 or 4 Cycle Small Engines... to drain or not to drain??

"S. Barker" wrote in message
Bull****. Just flat wrong. We routinely leave the tanks full (and
sometimes without stabilizer) in our salt/sand spreaders for the 9 months
they sit. They start fine ater sitting.

I just got an old SA 200 welder running again today. It had been sitting
for more than five years. Had to completely go through the carburetor,
ignition system, and empty a couple of gallons of varnish that used to be
gasoline. Gungy.

There's a limit on how long it can sit. But I'm like you. I've got stuff
that doesn't get ran for six months or more. I just add some gas, or tip it
over and dump what's there, add new, and fire it up. I really think leaving
things empty is worse than leaving some gas in them.

Steve