Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner and my 16X40 Victor lathe

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Jeb" wrote in message ...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Jeb" wrote in message ...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Jeb" wrote in message ...

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Jeb" wrote in message

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:

I've seen a bunch of flaming of this guy signing as Gunner Asch. I
found out that he had a bunch of experience tweaking and tuning machine
tools. I tried him and Yep. He went thru my 16X40 Victor lathe in
just a couple of hours tweaking and tuning to the point that I can now
turn a taper only when I want to. He also took the time to give me a
hands-on tutorial on thread cutting with the lathe and I learned a lot
about my lathe in a short time. More in fact than I learned in a
Jr.College machine class.
I haven't examined his abillities as a political adviser, but as a
machine tool tuner, and from what I saw a good machine shop instructor.
I recommend him.
P.S. To the flamers, he is over 6' and over 200# so I suggest keeping
the flaming on the newsgroup and don't try it face-to-face.

stu

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Jeb

I especially like the ones with the Benelli.

So you're into poseurs? :-)

But don't worry, you're incapable of provoking him or anyone else for
that matter.

That's reassuring to know, that what I posted, is recognized as fact by
the
group at large and is accepted as such.

If you're assuming that silence is acquiescence, think again. "The group at
large" probably recognizes that you're full of annoying and petty crap, and
just doesn't waste their time on you. I certainly won't.

--
Ed Huntress

Oh Ed, what an ass your post makes of you.

I'll consider the source. So far, the source looks like a fart in the wind.

As an asshole you'd speaking from experience?

If all you have to do is to cut everyone you talk to, all you're going to
get out of this group is a bloody nose.

The over-opinionated hold no fears for me.

You'd best hurry along to wherever you were going before you got lost. Try
the kooks NG. You'll fit right in.

Join you? No thanks. Perhaps you should return?

Oh, the whip-cracking wit, the cleverness...

Move along, jebby. It's time for beddy-bye.

--
Ed Huntress

You got this guy on one hand talking smack and on the other hand, I call Gunner
this afternoon with a mechanical emergency that has one of my key machines
down...he has 4 of the parts I need and is shipping them as soon as he gets
home. This Jeb character couldn't BUY a clue!