Drew Morton

Default Compound Mitre or TS

snip

It is a joy to use and anyone that says the laser is a gimick has never
used one. Once you do, you'll never go back. The 10" saw you're looking
at is the baby brother of my saw and I would have absolutely NO problems
recommending it to you.

I disagree. I have the 10" with the laser and I think its a gimick. Maybe
on a better saw it might be worthwhile, but on a saw that flexes a good
1/32nd or more from the top of the cutting arc to where it meets wood, the
only good a laser is doing me is telling my how innacurate my saw is. I
still have to take the non-spinning blade to the wood to be sure of where
its gong to cut. Maybe yours doesnt do that, but mine does. Be thankful it
doesnt. As fas as Im concerned, you got lucky. I certainly wouldnt use my
saw for any type of accurate cutting. I have table saw jigs for that kind
of stuff.

Drew