B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Compound Mitre or TS

"Greg DeBacker" wrote in message

I'm not in the trades but I do do a fair bit of wood working latly
working on my home. Becuase this is a tool which will probably sit in
the garage with long periods of non use it is difficult for me to
justify a $400.00+ pro mitre saw.

I bought a refurbished Delta Sidekick 10" SCMS a short time ago for
$250, shipped. Search the web for Tyler Tool. This saw usually sells
in the $450-$500 range.

I spent about an hour aligning it per the manual's instructions, using
some quality machinists squares. My saw was in such good shape that I
wonder if a previous owner _didn't_ align it, and returned it as
inaccurate. Any tool I've ever bought, except for mt DW733 planer,
needed something done to it, so this is plenty acceptable in my book.

This saw is now plenty accurate for pretty much everything short of
face frames and stiles, which I still cut on the table saw. My saw
is now bolted to the bench, so it stays accurate.

I had no idea that this thing would get used as often as it does.

Barry