Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Documentation following a boiler installation

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 01:21:50 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Lobster writes:
In addition, the fitter has to register the installation with CORGI,
who in turn notify Building Control, and you get a letter back
confirming that this has been done. This is the step to watch for, as
it costs the fitter cash to do the registration, so it's not exactly in
his interest to do it if the punter isn't bothered about it.

A fitter I know charges £100 for the registration. If the work is part
of other building work, it's cheaper to have it included on that
instead. I haven't asked him, but I suspect some punters genuinely
couldn't care less about the BCO paperwork either.

That's a good mark up as it costs £2.50 online to register the work per
property. (i.e if you also do electric and controls and cylinder(s) at
the same time then it's still £2.50).
I just register them anyway whether the customer wants to or not. A
steady stream of registrations seems to keep the CORGI inspector at bay
and chasing the others. 8-)

Not knowing what's involved, how long does it take you to do, out of
interest? My Corgi was whinging about all the extra paperwork he had to
do because of it; and presumably that's why AG's quotes 100 notes to do it.

David