Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Hot water baseboard

On Mar 19, 10:12*am, Peepin1 wrote:
Wondering if its possible to remove a hot water baseboard and use the
connections for radiant flooring? I have an ugly bathroom I am looking
to remodel, currently the baseboard runs length of the bathroom,
behind the toilet, pedestal sink, and a fair amount of empty wall
space. *Would like to replace sink and wall space with cabinets, but
that would kill the baseboard. *I appreciate the help.

Tom

Im no heat pro but radiator water temps often get real high , my
boiler is set to 185 I dont know where yours is set to, radiant
plastic pipe is normaly run at 110-120, you might consider copper and
not much might be needed with high boiler temps and maybe a higher
pressure, copper will be safer, sure Pex is rated higher than 120, but
its plastic.