Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,sci.physics
Donna Ohl Donna Ohl is offline

Default Most efficient water heater?

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:30:39 -0700 (PDT), ransley wrote:
Where's the A.O. Smith Vertex model GPHE-50 that Bubba recommended?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

I saw one unit near the bottom with an Energy Factor of 70, only a few
in the 60s and most in the 50-60 range.

I should have mentioned that I searched for that PDF during my GAS water
heater replacement. http://tinyurl.com/38eh4d

That PDF only contained residential GAS water heater specifications (very
many hundreds or even a thousand or more).

It did not have any residential ELECTRIC water heater efficiency ratings
(some of which approach 98% due to the fact no heat goes up the flue; it's
all absorbed by the water).

Donna