Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reinventing the wheel!

Roger_N wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Eregon wrote:

3.5" Commodore 1581 format, written with Speedscript 128. I finally
dug out a couple Commodore 128 computers from storage, one which has an
internal 1581.

Sad thing is that it will boot faster than a brand new quad core! At least
to the command prompt.

I used to have a Commodore 128D with internal drive, but I think it was a
5-1/4" drive.

RogerN

They all did. I got hold of one with a damaged case, and decided to
do a little metal and plastic work on it. I was going to replace the
damaged 1571 internal drive, then I ran across a 1581 with a bad case.
I used a 5.25" to 3.5" conversion kit, and found room inside the case
for the new PC board. I still haven't modified the existing controller
to talk to the bare 1581 drive, but almost everything I need is already
on the 128D motherboard.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html