Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default A new Fence

On Mar 19, 5:40*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

news:vPbEj.4471$Nr1.1930@trnddc01...

"Leon" wrote:

Maybe it's because I was a little(lot) older, but the dirt here in SoCal
seems to be a lot more difficult to dig hole in than that Ohio clay, but
when I had to dig some holes here, sure appreciated that gas powered hole
auger.

Well if the clay is dried out it can be like digging in rock. *Moist, it
cuts OK but becomes sticky.

Yes, needed a helper, yes, needed hearing protection, yes it was smelly,
but my tired old back felt a whole lot better, and it took a fraction of
the time.

I wish I could say that he gas powered saved time for us. *We did spend at
least 1 hour drilling the 10 holes and chopping roots.

I suspect you did not have a staple gun for those locust posts. *;~)

Back then, I suspect the best part of the guy who invented the pneumatic
staple gun hadn't yet run down his father's leg yet. G

Yeah.

It wasn't long ago that I saw a distant neighbour in need of an
ambulance because one of his crew hit bedrock when they were having an
easy time drilling a 12" auger into topsoil. I guess the sudden stop
flung two operators quite a ways.

I guess them little 13 HP Honda engines actually deliver what they
promise...LOL