Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default A new Fence

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news:vPbEj.4471$Nr1.1930@trnddc01...
"Leon" wrote:

Maybe it's because I was a little(lot) older, but the dirt here in SoCal
seems to be a lot more difficult to dig hole in than that Ohio clay, but
when I had to dig some holes here, sure appreciated that gas powered hole
auger.

Well if the clay is dried out it can be like digging in rock. Moist, it
cuts OK but becomes sticky.

Yes, needed a helper, yes, needed hearing protection, yes it was smelly,
but my tired old back felt a whole lot better, and it took a fraction of
the time.

I wish I could say that he gas powered saved time for us. We did spend at
least 1 hour drilling the 10 holes and chopping roots.

I suspect you did not have a staple gun for those locust posts. ;~)

Back then, I suspect the best part of the guy who invented the pneumatic
staple gun hadn't yet run down his father's leg yet. G

Yeah.