McQualude

Default what should I choose as my first power tool?

takashi spaketh...

should buy a bench saw(table saw)

table saws are awesome, but I still need to use a circular saw
occasionally, the circular saw is a must-have IMO

or a bandsaw(just a small one for 290 Canadian dollars)

I don't have one, but from group comments, I take it a cheap bandsaw is
next to worthless, I would spend the money on...

or a jigsaw(makita)

a good jigsaw

I will be making a sofa( or futon type ), but I want
to try to make other furnitures like tables or chairs or some kind of
drawers. Could anybody give me some suggestions?

get a very good jigsaw, a good circular saw and save up for a very good
contractor's saw
--
McQualude