Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Documentation following a boiler installation

In article ,
Lobster writes:
In addition, the fitter has to register the installation with CORGI, who
in turn notify Building Control, and you get a letter back confirming
that this has been done. This is the step to watch for, as it costs the
fitter cash to do the registration, so it's not exactly in his interest
to do it if the punter isn't bothered about it.

A fitter I know charges £100 for the registration. If the work
is part of other building work, it's cheaper to have it included
on that instead. I haven't asked him, but I suspect some punters
genuinely couldn't care less about the BCO paperwork either.

--
Andrew Gabriel