Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Disposal/Sink Leak

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:25:16 -0500, "bworthey"
bworthey@windstreamDOTnet wrote:

I just installed a new garbage disposal and thought I did a pretty good job
considering I had put one in before (not on this sink). Well, I have a
leak, but it only seems to leak when I fill the sink up some and let the
water out, if it is just running through it doesn't seem to leak or if it
does it is only a tiny leak. Any suggestions? I'm thinking I didn't get
all 3 sides of the quick connect thing or whatever you call it for the
disposal connected well, but I can't tell. Any thoughts?

B-Worthey

Spread some news paper under the pipes; replicate the leaks and then
check the paper for wet spots. This will help narrow the leak. It
works great for a slow leak.

Check pipe connections for binding. Maybe something is cross threaded.