Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No Baseboard Molding in Modern Bedroom w/ Carpet

wrote in message
I am trying to achieve a modern, minimalist look in a carpeted
bedroom. The builder has recommended having no baseboard molding at
all, with the carpet just running right up to the wall.

In the other rooms in the apartment, I've got hardwoods with stained
quarter round, and stone tiles with 4" tile as a border, so really no
other painted moldings to speak of.

Is having no baseboards at all a viable option, and will it look
strange?

I used to do work for a designer years ago and in his own home he had no
baseboard molding at all. As I recall I don't think he had any molding
anywhere and the place looked fabulous. He had hardwood floors. Of course
he had the talent to make it work. I like the look of no baseboard molding.