Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Steve Russell[_3_] Steve Russell[_3_] is offline

Default My woodturning website needs an overhaul, please help!

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your advice... :-) I'm thinking of keeping the basic format, but
maybe expanding the libraries as the amount of articles grows. For example,
Tips 1, Tips 2 etc. That way, each library would not be too long and you
could categorise each library easier. For example, Tips 1 could be General
Turning articles. Tips 2 could be Finishing etc...

We're looking into redoing the photos with different resolution options for
dial-up, broadband etc. Lots of stuff to think about! Thanks again and all
the best to you and yours!

On 3/17/08 3:01 PM, in article
, "Kevin"
wrote:

Hello Steve,

For a tips page I think using the brief descriptions you have now are
quite informative, e.g., 'Dry Grinder
Wheel Maintenance' or 'Super Glue: Tips and Tricks'.

Put just the brief descriptions on an index page with 2 (or perhaps 3)
columns. That way the long scroll down is
limited somewhat. No pics on this index page.

You may also consider an option for those folks still using dial-up
and have either low res pics or no pics.

A search function is a good idea but can be a bear to set up with
spelling skills being somewhat varied.

On Mar 17, 12:33 pm, Steve Russell wrote:

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website:
http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com
Free Monthly Woodturning Newsletter * Your email is kept confidential
Sign up at: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lathe-talk.html