Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT Amtrak from IL to CA (Bay Area)

Ignoramus30927 wrote:

My question is, has anyone tried something like this, is there enough
we can do on the train to keep this 54 hour ride interesting?

I took busses from MCRD San Diego to Northern Michigan many years ago since
the airlines were on strike. I read a few books, talked to a few old ladies
that thought I was in the Army (UGH, I was in uniform) and met a cross
section of America on the way.

I checked out Amtrack first since my Grandpa was a railroader and when I was
a kid we often put Grandma on a train when she wanted to go visit extended
family. Sadly, they were booked, that would have been fun.

Bring some books and a digicam. Spend some quality time with your son.
There is a lot of scenery you don't see from the Interstate in view from a
train window.

I'd love to take the Alogma Snow train one of these days.
http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/...snowtrain.html

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller