Posted to alt.home.repair
GoHabsGo[_2_] GoHabsGo[_2_] is offline

Default I plunged and plunged...now what? A snake?

"joe" wrote in
et:

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:35:48 -0700 (PDT), Mike
wrote:

Hey folks. Need some advice before I have to call a plumber (or some
other drastic step). One of our toilets has started to back up, not
completely flushing the contents of the bowl (it hasn't overflowed,
yet). I plunged and plunged (using 2 different plungers!) and the
toilet still won't flush as it used to. At best, the water now just
swirls a bit, gets lower in the bowl (often leaving some remains of
the last use) and then starts to re-fill. Is a snake the next step?
Anyone got one I can borrow on the north side of Atlanta? ;-)

Thanks for any input...

Mike

Do you have kids?

Man, you beat me to the punch... If he does, *anything* could be in
there. matchbox cars, entire rolls of tp, barbie dolls, you name it,
none of 'em friendly to the trap.

Anyone lose a toothbrush lately? Definately something is in there that
could be removed with a snake, hopefully.