Posted to rec.woodworking
Soby1 Soby1 is offline

Default A new Fence

Homeowners insurance ought to fix it for him.

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...
This was about my 20th fence and practice does make perfect. Pictures on
a.b.p.w, sorry for the quality, I was using a camera phone. A tape
measure was only used to measure post hole depth and final post height
after cementing them in and attaching the bottom rot board. PT lumber on
every thing except for the cedar pickets.

My neighbor had a new fence put in about 3 years ago. He bragged about
what a cheap price he was paying. He got lots of quotes and found a
slimeball firm to build him a fence that barely stood there. I pointed out
the poor construction and he kept yelling about how he got a 20 YEAR
GAURANTEE!!

A big windstorm came up about a year ago and totally trashed his fence.
Not from the wind, it was those big branches that broke off his trees and
landed on the fence. Ir it had been built well, he could have just patched
up the holes. But the fence was crap and the whole fence was just
destroyed.

He was building the fence right this time himself. He kept complaining
that the other guys were ripoffs because they had a "act of god" clause in
their gaurantee. LOL