Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Foster Jerry Foster is offline

Default Logan Change gear whine

"RoyJ" wrote in message
Nope, wrong kind of whine. I was working on my little Logan 200 with
loose change gears, needed to do a .010" feed, which requires a 64 tooth
gear. Digging through the pile, I have TWO 60 tooth gears, no 64.
Somehow in all the places the lathe had resided, someone swapped out the
gear. I just counted, had the right number of gears. Oh well.

So, does anyone have a spare 64 tooth they want to swap? 16 dp, 64
tooth, 7/16" face width, 5/8" bore with key. There's one on ebay but it
would run $30 with shipping.

Probably not a bad deal... New change gears tend to run about a buck a
tooth...

Jerry