Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD[_2_] JD[_2_] is offline

Default First Bowl

Glad there is another addict in the neighborhood.

Learned that this hobby has at least one thing in common with other
woodworking. It's gonna break the bank if I keep up with it.

To some point I agree with you about this hobby breaking the bank. The
initial cost can be overwhelming and expensive, but once you have the the
equipment and tools, you can turn wood without spending much money at all.
It is amazing how much free wood can be picked up from local people. And
after you get good, its amazing how many people ask you to come by and pick
up some wood they've saved for you. Really, the only expenses lately have
been finishing supplies and sanding materials. Like any hobby, there are
always things you want, or things you think you "need", but with a little
digging on the web, asking questions here (and other places), and a little
ingenuity, you can build most of the things you want that are nearly better
than anything you can buy.

Good luck and have fun. And don't hesitate to share on here, that's what
makes RCW so interesting to me, all the different experiences everyone
shares here.

JD