Posted to uk.d-i-y
Piers Finlayson Piers Finlayson is offline

Default spring water tests

"jim" wrote in message
possibly OT but I intend to DIY the follow-on system so:-

Anyone know what I should expect to pay for a laboratory drinking
water anaylsis on our spring water? Seems we have acidity and Iron at
the least........
NB We're in West Yorks.

We're going to have to get our private water supply tested by the local
authority soon, as we're going to be taking paying guests.

I looked a few months ago and ISTR that my local authority charges around
£70 for this test. I'm sure the test won't be terribly fancy, but I'm not
bothered about getting it tested for myself - only to meet the B&B
requirement.

We have a well, which has been used for many years apparently without
problems - there is no treatment of the water (other than that which the
rock and soil provides). I believe that using spring water/surface water is
a bit different (and potentially dodgier) so I probably would be interested
in getting a better test if that's what I was using.