Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT - The Republican Prosperity

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:45:40 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

snip
Just got quoted
$182 for a rebuilt starter motor, AFTER the core trade-in.
I decided to open it up and lube the works instead! So far, it
seems to be working.

There really isn't a whole lot to them. See if you happen to
have a local rebuilder that will sell you parts. If nothing
else you can usually get parts from NAPA too, but they
charge considerably more than the local rebuilder.

Watch for worn brushes, once they wear down to the point
where the holders start to rub you will get hit-miss
operation. Last set of brushes I bought were only $2, cash
I don't know if the grubby little hole-in-the-wall place
is even in business anymore. Though the parts I bought there
were always shiny new.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b