Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadworth ARWadworth is offline

Default OT Older petrol cars and MPG

"Tim.." wrote in message

"ARWadworth" wrote in message
I have just done my first fill up on a N reg 1.6 Honda Civic and it shows
a return of 27.5 MPG. This seemed a little low to me. I am sure when I
used to drive cars of a similar age I always managed a minimum of 30 MPG
and a little more on a motorway run.

I doubt there is anything wrong with the car and maybe it is me who has
got used to a diesel van that does over 40MPG for my normal motoring.

Something is wrong with it. Those little 1.4/1.5/1.6 vtec-e's are very
efficient and should do 40mpg in mixed use easily!!

I expected closer to the 40MPG mark as well. Not much should be wrong
though. 44K mileage, full service history, garaged and one owner from new.
The last service was 18 months ago and it has done 1200 miles since then. It
has never stood for more than a week so nothing should be seized. Hopefully
it should be a nice car to start the girlfiends no claims insurance with.

I actually quite like the little thing.

Adam