Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jerry wass jerry wass is offline

Default Battery question

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:05:47 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

the only time Ive shorted a battery in any major way, was when Gloria
Maxwell decided to Cowboy Up! in the passenger side rear seat of a VW
bug. About the third really good bounce she made on the old joystick
and the bottom of the seat shorted out across the battery terms. Had
to peel her off during her Happy Moment(s) when I smelled smoke and my
ass started burning.

Ripped out the backseat and nearly caused a brush fire

Now if you could only track down the doof who figured that little
plastic positive terminal cover was worthless and threw it away,
instead of placing it on the battery as intended...

My car, there would have been a big sheet of Plexi or Lexan over the
whole battery, or it would have been moved - Inside the passenger
compartment is NOT a smart place to put a hydrogen gas generator with
a half gallon of HCL acid inside.

-- Bruce --
T'aint HCL----it's H2SO4---but you knew that--!!