Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Eugene Eugene is offline

Default Picture Sizes

Mark & Juanita wrote:

B a r r y wrote:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:55:42 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

For all that have XP...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Small download that will resize your pictures for posting.

It is tiny and will take no time even for dial up folks.

Resizing is also built right into "Microsoft Photo Editor", included
with XP.

Microsoft photo editor does not come with every version of XP. It seems
be tied to the Microsoft Office product. When I was using Msoft at home,
I had Microsoft Photo Editor but it appears to have come with the Office
97
Small Business product. My wife's laptop, for which we did not get Office
(using OpenOffice instead), does not have Microsoft Photo Editor. At
work, machines had the Photo Editor on them until the latest "upgrade" to
the
newest Office product. Photo Editor is no longer on those machines, much
to my chagrin. I had to load the GIMP in order to be able to modify
images for presentations.

Yes, photo editor comes with office. It also doesn't properly support exif
data so be cafeful with any edits you make, they can loose the date/time
stamp among other interesting or useful data. I recommend not using it at
all for this reason.