Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Most efficient water heater?

I can afford one but wouldnt buy one. its not just a matter of the up
front cost. our incoming water is near 40 degrees after zero weather.
for tankless we would need 2 high btu tankless in series. and a new
gas line to the other side of the street, the entire incoming line and
meter are too small for the flow.

but even if it were all upgraded at a cost of 5 grand i wouldnt want
waiting for hot water, or wasting water every time we turn it on, or
in a power failure having no hot water, let alone in this day and age
the tank water might no be tasty, but drinkable if terrorists somehow
took out the water system.....

geez my 50 gallon 75K BTU tank serves us very well, and frankly the
projected savings isnt worth the draw backs