Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Foam Sealer

On Mar 17, 12:16 pm, (.-.MINDY.-.) wrote:
I have come here before for helpful info.... so what my question now
is... I had about a year ago used a foam that tuned beige in color
between the end of a kitchen counter that did not meet the wall. I was
new at using this & did not know that it was going to harden like a
rock. What I want to know is... how would I be able to remove it? I
pressed the lever of the foam can lightly & while holding it brought the
can down to the floor while pressing the lever & enough to get the foam
to be about an inçh or so thick. Thanks for any info. ..Mindy

Expanding foam is a polyisocyanurate foam, not caulking, and it does
get rather hard. It also is not UV stable and that's why it turns
color. You can't use caulk in a gap that large. You need to cut a
piece of wood to fit int he gap or use some trim to cover it.

The best way to remove the foam is to dig it out with a chisel or
screwdriver - really any tool will do. Use a sharp tool to clean up
the edges. You'll find out that the stuff is pretty tenacious and
won't let go easily. Take your time.