Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default The Borg part..... ?

Leon wrote:
"BDBConstruction" wrote in message
As most of you are well aware I am an anti-borg to say the least. Well
here is the latest I found out today. Local lumberyard tells me that
they are getting a lot of people saying they are out of line with
regard to pricing on 250' boxes of 12-2 romex. Salesman calls a fellow
salesman at the borg and says "wtf is up with this"? Borg salesman
replies, "ahhh, hehe, you don't realize that corporate changed all our
wire to 200' boxes instead of 250' ". The new packaging minimally
mentions the footage in the box as opposed to the old packaging.

This of course goes along with Kellogs putting a couple ounces less
ceral in the same box for the same price, Lays and other chip makers
doing the same for chips, and so on. These minimal reductions (not to
say that 50' of wire is minimal) of course add up to millions of
dollars across the nation. Whats odd is why there would not be a
notice posted in the wire isle telling the guy who figured a job for
750' of wire that he now needs 4 boxes instead of the three he has
bought for the last 35 years.

Well getting less food is probably a good thing. We all probably need to
eat less.
As for the Borg pricing in Houston, the Borg has just about always been the
highest place to buy. Same items at the local hard ware store are less
expensive.

I've noticed the same here. I work in
Ottawa in Ontario, as well as in a
Quebec city across the river, where