John

Default Wiring a 3 way light switch.

In my house I have two wall lights on a circuit. Left hand light has the
neutral - right hand light has the switched live feed. (Twin + E links the
two locations.)

It is important to realise this when linking across between the wall
lights..

Worth checking to see if yours is like this.

--

Regards

John

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
Hello all,

we moved recently and the previous owners took all the wall lights before
they went. I have replaced the dangling ceiling roses OK and fitted some

new
wall lights where the old ones used to be. But....... they don't work. I
have checked the following.....

There is power to the red wire on the wall (checked with multimeter), but

if
I put the blacjk lead to the black on the MM, there is nothing, I only get

result if i earth it. So the red is live.

The black in the wall is the same black in the switch.

The switch is a 3 way switch, the other 2 switches wok the main lights and
they are OK.

There are a number of wires and crossover wires, but there is a blue and a
black which have been disconnected in the switch. I have tried wiring

these
up to the space terminal (marked 2 way) in the switch - Nothing!

The live from the wall goes into the termial marked 1 way, and another red
live goes into the common at the top.

I have looked in my Wiring and lighting book, but it seems liek everythign
is Ok (clearly not though!)

dunno if anyone can help without seeing it, but any thoughts would be
welcome!

Thanks
Mike

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.