Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] productionpal@gmail.com is offline

Default Teachable Coolant Nozzle...SpiderCool!

On Feb 17, 9:28*am, Wes wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

wrote: * As a service tech out in the field I came
across this machine option
at the East-tec trade show. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, and how did you "come across" it? *By being at work in the booth where
they were being sold?

Unless I'm mistaken, my employers ancient Haas VF1 has a programable coolant
nozzle. *Nothing new.

Wes

The only difference being that SpiderCool is not tied into the control/
programming, and has a patented two-position sweeping feature that
provides superior chip-evac. Another small advantage is that you don't
have to buy an entire HAAS machine to get one. It can be added to any
existing(fully-enclosed) Vert/Horiz Mill. The money earned/saved
through increased spindle "Up-Time" and prolonged tool-life pays for
itself within a few months, not to mention the happiness it brings a
good machinist(who you might want to keep around). I have to wonder
why a company would go out and buy a new machine for better shop
productivity before they attempted to get every machining center they
already owned as efficient as it could be with a SpiderCool...$2k per
machine...shops burn up more in tooling due to poor coolant delivery
situations. I became a rep because I belive in the benefits of this
product and think it will slowly become popular...like the wheel
eventually did. LOL! I realize this option is considered a luxury for
now...but some leading edge companies have already took the plunge!

Major Corporations Using SpiderCool:
Accellent Orthopaedics
Barden Corporation
California Edison