Edwin Pawlowski

Default Petition Sawstops Directly

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

I really don't care to be bitten by 12 teeth, and don't see any
particular safety advantage to a SawStop-equipped saw vice a standard
saw. Third of a revolution, full revolution, ten revolutions... any
would do serious, perhaps irrepairable, damage to a digit or hand.

A lot of unknows come into play here. I agree that falling from the 29th
floor or the 32nd floor is not going to make a huge difference in the
outcome, but 12 teeth versus a full speed blade may be the difference of a
slicing afinger or lopping off a whole hand.

I've not studies table saw accidents so I don't know the probability of the
various injuries and what may be prevented. Do you?

So SawStop wants to add $150+ to the cost of saws without adding any
measurable safety, but while adding complexity that could even
*decrease* safety.

I think the resultand safety can be measured; studies would have to be (or
already have) to be done. What exactly do you mean by complexity that can
decrease safety? From what I've seen, the complexity is hidden and is not
obstructive to the operator. What have you seen different?
Ed