Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - The Republican Prosperity

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Mar 17, 10:03 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
messagenews:nu6tt358a9bs9t5c1rjvvnucn61cg4kds9@4ax .com...

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:39:01 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

One for the record books...

The US taxpayer is paying for this one.

How do you like being a part owner of a bankrupt bank?

There are likely more to come.

And the Iraq War is costing you $12 billion a month.

How deep are your pockets?

TMT

==============
Q: why do we have to read a UK paper to get this depth and
quality of analysis?

Because the quality of the analysis isn't necessarily very good. They've
focused on the view from their side of the world, and on the consequences
that they may face. It's actually a short-sighted view, in light of the
longer consequences of the situation. We're more focused on the
consequences
*we* may face.

For a short but penetrating take on it, Krugman's column today is more
relevant to what's going on here, "The B Word":

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/op...rugman.html?hp

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Good article.

I agree.

I also consider that the Party that allowed this to happen...the
Republicans...will pay dearly this November.

They'll probably take the heat but Clinton was just as big a proponent of
deregulation of the finance markets. I've been yelling about this for 15
years now. I know some of those guys; a few are my neighbors; they're bigger
pirates that Bluebeard. When the markets were deregulated it was like
somebody gave them a new set of pistols and sabers.

People who lose their assets and their homes remember who is
responsible when at the voting booth.

I was thinking about going up to Wall Street for lunch today, to see if the
Lower Manhatten Swan-Diving Championships had started, but then I realized
that you can jump anymore; the windows are bolted shut. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress