Igor

Default source needed - steel router bit v-groove

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:47:24 GMT, "CW" wrote:

Buy a carbide bit of the V profile you want. Draw up the modifications you
want done. Take it to a tool grinder (a real one that does tools for machine
shops, not your local saw shop). They will grind any profile you want and it
will not chip.

That is a very interesting approach. I realized that I have this old Craftsman
(sorry for the spelling) moulding head that holds three blades/knives. It would
work, in theory -- it is would cut deep enough, unlike a standard setup on a bench
shaper. Maybe I could have knives made for it rather than altering the router bit.
Do I look for "Tool Grinders" in the Yellow Pages? Or, does anyone know of an
on-line or mail order source for such a thing? I have detailed CAD/dxf drawings of
profile.

Thanks.