Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jonathanwschmidt@yahoo.com is offline

Default Battery pack thermistor

I'm rebuilding a 14.4v and 18v Milwaukee battery pack and need to
replace the thermistor. I could read 6K8J on it. I understand this
to be 6800ohm 5%. It was a small disc about 1/4" in diameter with two
leads. It must be NTC because when my body heat is applied the
resistance drops. It seems that most battery packs are cut off at 70°c
to prevent over-heating the nicd/nimh cells. I see digikey has
several that fit this general discription but the benchmark for most
thermistors is 25°c. How do I make sense of this and find one that
will meet these requirements?