Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default Picture Sizes

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
"B a r r y" wrote

We have (6) registers running Vista at the bicycle shop with no
issues.

Actually, I've been running Vista Business since last June with fewer
problems than any other _newly introduced_ OS I've run since the
introduction of release candidates Win3.0, Win95, and NT4, all of which I
beta tested for months prior to their introduction.

The information in that posted link of MSFT e-mails is neither new, nor
unique, for that stage of OS development. The main problem experienced
with
Vista's "performance and reliability" upon it's introduction, and still
remains, understandably, to an less than desirable extent, is both normal,
expected, and was clearly laid out in the quoted e-mail - DRIVERS.

Hardware driver/new OS incompatibility has been an understood and accepted
issue since day one. It has historically taken a couple of years for these
third party driver incompatibilities to be resolved, and about the time
all
are resolved in a mature OS, along comes its replacement and the cycle
starts over.

As for the reluctance of corporate IT to introduce a new OS, 'mission
critical' or not, into a known computing network environment, DUH! ...
what
else is new?

What is new is that, while there has never been a shortage of detractors
completely ignorant of the issues involved, what is increasingly unique
these days is that it's never been easier to display such ignorance.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

Yep, I have been running Vista for 9 months with out a glitch. It probably
has been better than XP! But there is the issues with drivers, and older
programs too. I tell everyone that asks about vista that you you are going
all new, programs and all hardware it won't be any problems.
Greg