Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Engine hoist capacity/webtv rant

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:00:53 -0400, (big e lewis)

just had my garage built in the fall, and the package, for some reason,
had some extra lumber. I've got a couple of long 4x4's, and some cutoff
pieces 5' long or so. Also several 2x8's, and various 2x4 pieces. So if
I could safely build a hoist with this, it would be almost free, other
than my time.

Did you think about a hoist during the planning and building, during
the fall? What a great time to address this.

I'm surprised the framers left any wood! A good framer uses every
scrap of lumber