Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Power Conditioners Necessary?

Jocelyn Major wrote:

Michael A. Terrell a écrit :
Jocelyn Major wrote:
Sometime changing cheap cables can make a difference; I explain: where I
leave everytime I listen to my hifi equipment I pickup noise from an
Indian radio station (this is worst if I try to listen to LP). All this
stop when I change these cheap cable for 1 monster cable (that I got on
sale at 20$) and 1 "high-end" cable that I got from RadioShack on sale
at 10$.

There is a difference between cheap, and defective.

Yes I do know that but to have all defective cable? I did have a box
full of rca cable and they all pick-up that indian radio station.

SO? All that means is they didn't work for your application. I have
seen entire shipments of bad cables.

I have tossed a lot of expensive phono (RCA) cables into the scrap
barrel because they were crap. The type of shielding is important, and
for anything critical I used metal cased Switchcraft connectors, with
foil shielded Belden audio cable. I worked as a broadcast engineer
where the transmitter was ten feet from the turntables, and the main
tower less than 100 feet away. None of those pretty, and overpriced
cables worked worth a damn, because the braided shield was less than
100%.

More likely, the connectors were clean, and made a better ground
connection.

Probably the monster and the "High End" ratshack cable have better
shielding because as soon as I change to these cable the radio was
finally gone.

Also it was not cause by my amp because it make that noise
on both my Technics and my Denon amps. What I find out was that
el-cheapo cable have 1 conductor and 1 shield while the monster and the
RatShack cable both have 2 conductor and 1 shield.

So? All that would do is cut the resistance of the center conductor
in half. Wait a while for the shield to oxidizes inside the jacket, and
the problem will be back.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html