Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Homemade Screwdrivers?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:57:09 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

"Roger_N" wrote:

I've been needing some good electrical terminal block screwdrivers and was
wondering if I could make some better than the ones you buy.

I'd like to find a decent screwdriver designed to fit these idiotic half
phillips half straight screws on many IEC contactors.

I always try a #2 phillips first, then a #1 if that doesn't fit
perfectly, and I don't recall ever having a problem. I also get a
good, heavy contact with it at a perfect 90 degrees before I attempt
to remove a terminal screw. They're usually -very- tight.

With blade screw heads, I've never found a perfect fitting screwdriver
tip. All my blade headed screws are replaced by phillips, square, or
Torx heads wherever possible.

Q: Does anyone here NOT have a scar to show from an old blade
screwdriver wound? (I didn't think so.)

--
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
-- A. Sachs