Wood Butcher

Default Building Insulated Windows

I vote for the original "d" (parenthetically unmodified). ;~)
The other options can be made functional, but with all the
other work you'll need to do on the house - why bother?

Besides, factory built windows have a metallic coating
in the inside of one of the glass sheets to reflect infrared
wavelengths. This helps keep the heat in in the winter
and out in the summer. This would be a bitch to try to
duplicate yourself. Also factory windows are usually
filled with argon or other inert gas which gives a bit
better R value than N2 or CO2.

Art

"Zach Tomas" wrote in message
[snip]

d. I am just nuts to begin with. (Make that "eccentric")