Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Budget

Derek Geldard wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 08:17:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I can get good local meat half the supermarket price and theirs is
tasteless rubbish.

I can't, there are no butchers round here, Farm Shop meat sells at a
premium price and it's quality is very variable.

The real waste is all the packaged stuff..do we really NEED cornflakes,
and Muesli?

What do you have against muesli ? It's largely unprocessed grains.

What's wrong with rye bread toast (rye grows well in higher
latitudes) porage, and so on?

switch from baked beans to local mushrooms and tomatoes to go with the

Can't buy local mushrooms, and local tomatoes would only be available
2-3 months of the year.

Certainly where I live there are many varieties of mushroom in the local
area. Some even safely edible. I think (but would have to verify my
records) that I have now seen edible varieties in the wild in all twelve
months of the year.

snip

--
Rod