Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl Donna Ohl is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 04:13:01 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Donna, some people would bitch if you hung them with a new rope.

Thanks for the kind words Michael.
I think it bothers them that anyone could learn as much as I did from you
guys and that we could solve the problem together, even though it took a
while.

Here, for example, is my picture today where I finally got the courage to
take the blue dishwasher solonoid apart and you guys were right! The filter
was completely clogged with sand!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2269/...55ae468a_m.jpg

Without your advice, I would never have been able to know what to take
apart to find the problem!

I hope, by posting the pictures and describing what we've learned together,
that the next person reading this who has a clogged dishwasher after doing
a water heater repair, will know exactly what to do!

Donna