Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Machine shop estimating help, please?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 01:11:29 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

..

I think this will be a one-shot deal. If there is follow-on then I'll
ask Pat to tell the contractor that I'd like to negotiate terms up
front and let him know that he might want to shop it locally. That
might be a good thing for him to do. There must be machineshops in
the Naples /Ft. Meyers area.

A final point:-
Even though you are doing this for the son's mother in law/daughter in law's
mother (Wife in law?????) The one on the end of the gaff is an unrelated
commercial contractor that screwed up an expensive job. They don't need any
favours, they need to pay the going rate. Just because you enjoyed doing the
work isn't a reason for you and her to make them pay for getting them out of a
hole.

Regards
Mark Rand
RTFM