Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't upset the inspector

"SteveB" wrote in message
I'm curious what a permit would cost him. Any idea?

They will tell you at the permit office followed by, "You got a problem
with that?"

It costs what it costs. Projects done according to Hoyle are a breeze.
We just did a 1,000sf addition to our house, and the inspector was a joy,
although we heard from others what a putz he was. We just did it
according to the code, and several times he told us what code was and how
he wanted it. He saw we were owner contractors using subs that he knew
for the most part. The work was quality work, save the sheetrock. He saw
from the get go that we just wanted to build this and do it right. People
who want to build things their own way just don't get it. Unless you live
in a very remote place, there are rules.

Messing with the inspector is about as smart as really ****ing off your
barber before a haircut.

Or a shave.

Steve

How much? I've scanned your message for numbers, but I've found none.