Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Power Conditioners Necessary?

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:56:13 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

Understand that, Mr. Sweet.

Had a friend who was a McIntosh dealer in Boston. Bought a bunch of
equipment from him over the years. When he started carrying the esoteric
cables, I asked him if he thought they would really benefit a system. His
answer? "Well, they make a lot of money for me!"

Jim

There was an article I saw linked on engadget.com the other day. Someone did
a double blind test with monster cables vs. wire coat hangers with
connectors soldered to the ends. The audiophools they had listening couldn't
tell the difference. What a joke.

Were these selenium coat hangers or copper-cobalt alloy?

If you want really good sound you should get the Monster Foam Rubber
Pads. They prevent the vibration of the speakers from causing the FM
tuner to vibrate, preventing acoustic resonance and high-frequency
feedback. "The only better method is to have your sound system in
Skylab." -- Emil Dolby.

The pads are only 43 dollars each and you only need four of them per
device. But they are far better than other brands of foam rubber.

You have spent so much on your sound system. Don't waste it by
economizing on Foam Rubber.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)