Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jocelyn Major Jocelyn Major is offline

Default Power Conditioners Necessary?

Sam Goldwasser a écrit :
"James Sweet" writes:

Understand that, Mr. Sweet.

Had a friend who was a McIntosh dealer in Boston. Bought a bunch of
equipment from him over the years. When he started carrying the esoteric
cables, I asked him if he thought they would really benefit a system. His
answer? "Well, they make a lot of money for me!"

There was an article I saw linked on engadget.com the other day. Someone did
a double blind test with monster cables vs. wire coat hangers with
connectors soldered to the ends. The audiophools they had listening couldn't
tell the difference. What a joke.

HeHeHeHe... Didn't even go for the zip cord!

http://tinyurl.com/2jdyu6

Sometime changing cheap cables can make a difference; I explain: where I
leave everytime I listen to my hifi equipment I pickup noise from an
Indian radio station (this is worst if I try to listen to LP). All this
stop when I change these cheap cable for 1 monster cable (that I got on
sale at 20$) and 1 "high-end" cable that I got from RadioShack on sale
at 10$. Also for the conditioner I compare a Monster HTS-1000 (retail
280$ in Canada) with a PURE AV ISO 4720J (50$ on sales at the Source)
and the PURE AV ISO 4720J was way better than the monster. True I could
not hear audio difference except when listening to LP where the sound
became more define with a bit more depth (when I say a bit more it is
really a bit more is subtle but really there is a difference. By the way
I tried a cheap power bar, the monster way to expensive and the pure
A/V. While I could not find any difference between the el-cheapo
powerbar and the monster there was a difference with the Pure A/V. So
yes there is no real advantage to go with a high price Conditioner there
is one with the Pure A/V (Beside the 12" power cord and the 10 power outlet)

Jocelyn
Proud Son of Leo Major DCM & Nar
To know why I am so Proud go the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Major